Welcome to a new beginning!
This is my first foray into the blogging world, so, quite frankly, I don’t really know what I’m doing. I do, however, know that I love cycling, I love talking about cycling with anyone willing to listen, and I love helping people find the same joy and fun in cycling that I do. I also know that since getting more into cycling – and sport, in general – I’ve changed and learned a lot about myself… in more ways than knowing exactly how much Gatorade I can consume per hour while riding or knowing what every stage of bonking feels like (there’s at least seven). Through developing and following training plans along with reading countless books on athletic performance, I find the concepts behind training to be extremely transferable to everyday life.
With that in mind, here’s a quick run-down of what I hope this blog will be about:
- Cycling (duh)
- Virtual cycling (yes I’m weird, I like Zwift just as much as the great outdoors)
- Virtual race reports
- Bizarre and extreme physical challenges I’ve tackled or will be tackling soon
- My experiences training (what’s worked, what hasn’t, pro-tips, etc.)
- Transferable skills from athletics to the real world
- Whatever interests me that is vaguely related to any of the above topics
So, once again, welcome! I’m looking forward to this new journey and hope that you’ll be able to get something of value from this blog! I’ll try to commit to weekly posts (perhaps Friday afternoons), but no promises… I might be riding my bike instead.
Cheers and Ride On, Friends!